The first time I seen a ‘Skort’ was back at my old secondary school during a P.E lesson. We were scheduled to play netball and a class mate of mine came out wearing a rather peculiar ensemble – a skirt and a pair of shorts – in one.
Skorts have quickly become one of this summers must have items, with the likes of Saturday girl Una Healy, Kardashian sister Kourtney and American Model Kendall Jenner all pictured wearing them.
Combining the femininity of a sleek skirt with the comfort of shorts, it’s no wonder the 90’s skirt/short duo have made a come back.
Skorts have become the talk of the town, especially in the High Streets with Zara, Topshop and River Island, as well as others, producing both bold and vibrant prints along with subtle sexy styles, leaving you feeling snug and sensual all at the same time.
But it’s not just the High Street where you’l find this luxury, designers such as Valentino have got on the skort hype and created a classic dusky pink, split up the middle master piece… one for the wardrobe!
I have put together my skort must haves – snap yourself a skort at these featured High Street and Designer stores…
1) River Island – Costing £30, River Island explores the darker side of florals creating a sexy yet casual look.
2) Miss Selfridge – At £25, Miss Selfridge always delivers with a sleek classic style, yet the mint green really makes the skort shine.
3) Topshop – Coming in at £34, Topshop teaches us when life throughs us lemons, stick them on a skort – fresh, citrus and stunning!
4) Valentino – At a pricey £406, Valentino’s pink wool skirted panel speaks for itself, classic and timeless, a definite favourite.
5) Topshop – Another Topshop gem at £36, with it’s textured burnt-orange material will sure make a statement this season.
6) Fashion Union – Finishing at £7.50, grab yourself a bargain today and look the the business – literally.
Have I missed any bargains? Share your summer skort stories with me….